RSPAMD for vestacp

• Hello again!
    There is a nice guide here: https://forum.vestacp.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18479 on how to get a better spam protection on our VestaCP servers.
    The guide works very good in my server until a few days later that I have started to get a LOT spam mail, more than with spamassassin.
    So I went to the rspamd panel to train it on how to recognise the new spam mails, scanning works perfectly, it detects the info it should but when I try to flag it as spam with the thumbs down i get an error:
    local > Request failed: error getting reply from redis server localhost: Connection refused
    Request failed

But my redis server is up and running!
    I have tried to restart the services and the server itself but the problem persists!
    By the way does anyone know if there are lists with spam i can load in it to make it more effective?

Thanks!
    /George

• @GeorgeT said in RSPAMD for vestacp:

local > Request failed: error getting reply from redis server localhost: Connection refused
    Request failed
    But my redis server is up and running!

hello
    try to check if the redis ip is configured correctly it should be 127.0.0.1.

• @sandeep Yes it is "bind 127.0.0.1" in /etc/redis.conf

• Ok, problem was solved, it was in the config of rspamd it had bind to localhost and needed to change to 127.0.0.1:redisport and restart the service, now it works!
    What I am missing now is to see it actually blocking spam because so far I get a lot of spam!
    By the way if there is a better configuration or any filters, please share with me!

• @sandeep do you run this software too?
    I am facing problems with it, it doesn't learn the spam. Well, to phrase it better, I use its UI and paste in it the spam mails, it learns them, no errors whatsoever but the very next moment, the same exactly e-mail but from different sender pops in!
    Do you think the guide above is correct? I think something isn't correct in it!
    Because I don't get the spam mail coming to my spam folder or being marked as spam in the header

• Maybe it requires this? https://forum.vestacp.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11363
    I haven't finished this because there is a problem with latest exim on centos and I've tried in another vps and didn't work, I didn't keep the logs though!

• give some time to the app it will definitely work

• @sandeep I have it for a year now and it doesn't work 😞 And every day I get more spam than the previous day!
    By the way, I am moving my server from centos 7 to Debian 10 and from vestacp to myvestacp since vestacp is dead.
    Are there any guide on how to properly install it in Debian 10 and to make it work?
    Thanks

• @comfuzio said in RSPAMD for vestacp:

myvestacp

i use spamassasin which comes with vesta and it works fine, did you gave a shot ?

• @comfuzio said in RSPAMD for vestacp:

@sandeep I have it for a year now and it doesn't work 😞 And every day I get more spam than the previous day!
    By the way, I am moving my server from centos 7 to Debian 10 and from vestacp to myvestacp since vestacp is dead.
    Are there any guide on how to properly install it in Debian 10 and to make it work?
    Thanks

Not sure what you meant vestacp is dead, is it stop update or something esle?

• @Locvps it is not dead project vesta is still actively developing in git version, stable version update are slow.

Recent Topics